Ms. Iolani Yamashiro-Rahimi
- * Is an experienced, classically trained violinist and violist who has taught privately as well as in orchestra classes for over 23 years.
- * Has shared her passion for music and string instruments with her students in Hawaii (Maui and O'ahu) and Texas.
- * Teaches students ages 6-adult of all ability levels.
- * Bachelor of Music in Violin: University of the Pacific Conservatory of Music, Stockton, CA.
- * Master of Music in Violin: University of Texas-Austin School of Music.
She performs with:
* Hawai'i Symphony Orchestra, Honolulu, Hawai'i
* Maui Chamber Orchestra
* Maui Pops Orchestra
* Freelance groups
* Orchestra classes at Kamehameha Schools Kapalama Middle School and High School on the island of O'ahu, the Kamehameha Schools Maui, the University Laboratory School and the University of Texas String Project Chamber Orchestra.
* Private violin an viola lessons at the Punahou Music School, The University of Texas String Project and the Maui String Academy and in Shanghai, China.
* The Kamehameha Schools Maui Orchestra at Carnegie Hall in New York.
* The "Dynamix Music Festival" in Shanghai, China.
*The Maui Youth Philharmonic String Orchestra, Beginning Strings.
* Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Jr., Liza Minelli, Burt Bacharach, Dionne Warwick, Smokey Robinson, Johnny Mathis, Charlotte Church and the Celtic Women and others.
* Carol Channing in "Hello Dolly"
* JoAnn Worley in "They're Playing Our Song"
* Maui Youth Philharmonic Orchestra in 2005
* Maui Summer Music Festival until 2010 when she left Maui for Las Vegas.
One of Iolani's greatest experiences was taking a year off from teaching to travel as a violinist with The Celebrant Singers, an interdenominational Christian ministry. She traveled to India, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Canada, France, Monaco, Switzerland, the U.S. Vrgin Islands and at least 15 states in America sharing Christ's love and forgiveness with others around the world.